Hoyts Chadstone is one of Hoyts’ largest complexes, boasting 13 Screens including 2 Extreme screens. Hoyts have revolutionised the Cinema experience with its creatively designed entry and food & beverage areas which bring a whole new experience to the journey of watching a movie.
Liquid Automation designed, supplied and installed a fully automated lighting control system to accommodate all the creative needs of the complex. From the automated cinema lighting cues that enhance the in-cinema experience, to the creative lighting scenes in the front of house areas that bring the complex to life. Lutron Lighting’s intelligent and robust control system makes life simple for the day to day operation of these cinemas.
A Lutron Homeworks QS system was used to provide 400 circuits of controlled lighting. Lutron is the perfect solution to use in a location such as a cinema, as it is robust, reliable and provides large energy savings, which is especially advantageous for such a large commercial space.
Custom Features Include:
- Day and Night scenes for the front of house areas that adjust light levels based on time of day to maximise lighting effects. These can also be triggered manually via a master keypad.
- Special lighting scenes that can be manually triggered to make certain areas pop-out for unique events.
- Full integration to the cinema projection systems to receive cues that trigger cinema lighting scenes including House Up, House Down, and Trailers lighting levels.
- Secured “key-switches” local to each cinema that when activated, turn all room lights to full for cleaners. The system is even smart enough that if a key-switch is left on and it receives a lighting cue from the projection system, it overrides the key-switch to turn cleaning lights off ready for the next movie.
- Integration to the commercial fire systems so as in the event of a fire all lights turn on full, and commands are sent to cinema projectors, equipment and background music systems to shut down for added protection and safety of the public.
- Remote support for access to the systems on site for easy programming changes or troubleshooting.
Liquid Automation also provided the installation of the background audio system. There are 122 ceiling and wall speakers throughout the complex, along with 3 AV Racks that our installers fit off and commissioned.